We were supposed to see the Friday and Saturday night showings of Grease, but due to a nor’easter that blew through on Friday, the Friday show was canceled and rescheduled to Sunday. So finally, on Saturday night, I was able to see our jukebox light up on stage for the first time. It worked flawlessly. I was worried about the lights not being bright enough to outshine the stage lights, but the jukebox ended up being bright enough to color the set pieces despite the stage lights being on at full power… And that was with the white vinyl tubing around the lights. We ended up using a 12 volt 10 amp mains transformer to power everything, but the particular adapter we bought ended up getting fried on closing night. The lights on the jukebox only pulled about 6 amps, but the adapter had trouble powering everything. I think the 10 amp rating was pretty liberal. The fog system that I built with Chaz for Into The Woods looked fantastic as well, and made a huge impact with the moving lights the school rented for the show. Great job to the Delaware Valley Regional High School Theater department!
Right at the end of the Sunday showing, we took some pictures with the jukebox, but there are two problems with the pictures. Not everybody who worked on the project is in the picture, and the lights aren’t on (Because they were fried by this point. We will get that replaced and the jukebox will most likely be loaned out to other area high schools for their theater productions.
It took a lot of work, planning and wiring, but I am very happy with the way this came out. A big shoutout to Dante (wiring, building the red and white button bar, speaker grille, record player, and other trim work, troubleshooting shorted jumpers, and soldering over 1000 connections), Hayleigh (cutting those 1000 jumpers, cutting other wires), Lucy (painting), Ophelie (painting and moral support), Shanice (installing some of the record player cavity light strips), and Mr. Josh Paul (keeping us from doing anything stupid and dangerous, moral support).
Thank you to Mr. Clinton Ambs for giving us this opportunity to learn by doing while building something so fantastic. Without him, I never would have had these opportunities to learn while building systems for the theater department.
Since the beginning of January of this year, I have spent most of my weekends at my High School’s wood shop constructing a jukebox to be used as a set piece for the school’s production of Grease! this March. Continue reading “The Jukebox: The Beginning”
When I was a Freshman in high school, I covered Coldplay’s Clocks on piano for an event called “Coffee House,” which is basically an open mic night. Right before I should have hit the bridge, the piano started to roll away. I was quite angry for the rest of the night, but the audience was amused. Here is the video of that performance. Continue reading “Clocks At Coffee House”
After buying a refurbished R710 on eBay for my lab, I ran into some issues with the included SAS6i/r. The first issue was that the original card was completely DOA. I had that replaced under warranty, and then the real fun began.
While organizing all of my family’s 31,000+ digital photos, I came across a few pictures of my lab in different configurations. This post is a detail (as much as I can remember) of the evolution of my homelab. Continue reading “Evolution Of My Lab”